Yonah Martin, Vancouver Sun

With the legalization of marijuana well underway, this year more than ever parents will have to be on the lookout for unexpected tricks in their children’s Halloween treat bags.

Although edible marijuana products won’t be legal for a year, Canadians have already seen their dangerous impact on children when misused or not safely stored out of their reach.

In early October, a young child from Vancouver Island was hospitalized for ingesting a marijuana-infused gummy bear that she found in the back seat of a vehicle. Innocently, she consumed what appeared to be candy and had to be rushed to the hospital for medical treatment. Unfortunately, this is not an isolated incident.

Read the full story here.